Monday, February 11, 2013

Blizzard 2013, Some of our Weekend:

This is where we spent our time indoors from Saturday morning to Sunday night.  The only room that wasn't freezing.


Saturday morning Peter made hot chocolate for the kids and tea for us.  (Going to buy a coffee press TODAY because I refuse to be without coffee during a power-outage again). 



Lots of bird watching:  this is a Red-Bellied Woodpecker. 

Just shoveled a path to the wood-pile:

Most of the weekend the kids were outside playing with the neighborhood kids.


A camping stove cooked pasta for us on the back porch:

While the wood stove heated beef stew and mushroom/kale/barley soup I made on Friday anticipating the power outage.

(This is the beef stew Friday night before lights-out):

Our street was CLOSED until about 1:15pm on Saturday.  That had never happened before.  Both access roads were blocked by fallen trees and downed power lines.  Our neighbors went cross-country skiing on our street.  Most of us were dying for coffee because no one could get out.  Coffee press, here I come!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment