Monday, April 22, 2013

Vacation Part I: Grand Canyon, AZ


The photos don't do this place justice.  At all.  It is enormous and absolutely stunning.


This place is so amazing, I told the kids they must come back here with their own kids some day.


They say the Colorado River (below) is responsible for carving out this canyon.  Hmmmmm......  it looks so innocent.



These Juniper trees were all over the place.  I love them.





These two became Junior Park Rangers by completing some little tasks.  Too cute.  They got a pin and a badge for their efforts.  They also had to say an oath stating that they will always help take care of National Parks and tell people to visit them.  


Look at this view!  It's from the Bright Angel Trail that we went on.  We went down very little into the canyon.  Don't look down.  And don't go down with a 7 year old that you constantly have to tell, "Olivia!!!  Stay AWAY from the edge!!!  Walk by the wall!!"


On the trail:  This is also the trail the mules take down.  So the Brady Bunch was here.  That's why it's so famous.



Below: Me:  walking back up the trail as far away as possible from the edge.  Who's idea was it to go down into the canyon anyway?  (not mine!)  BTW, it was chilly!!



We had a great time here.  We took 2 different bus tours offered, getting off at every stop, we went on a couple of trails, we drove around, and we even got to watch a Native American Dance.  It was awesome.  Unfortunately we were specifically asked not to post photos on-line of the Navajo, and I believe in karma, so I can't show you any here.  But come on over & you can see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment