Thursday, September 25, 2014

A Story about Martha's Vineyard & Jaws





One of our favorite beaches is definitely Nantasket (above photo) (hello Linkners!!!).

But mid August we took a day trip to Martha's Vineyard.  So worth it.  Peter & I had never taken the kids before.  What were we waiting for?  Oh yeah, for Olivia to be able to ride her bike longer than 5 minutes without saying her legs hurt from all the pedaling. 





South Beach on Martha's Vineyard has some of the nicest water.  Gorgeous.  This is where parts of the movie Jaws was filmed.  We saw a seal swimming very close to us.  Some 12 year old boy told Olivia that it meant a shark was nearby.  I rolled my eyes & told her that's just from a movie and definitely NOT listen to this kid.   Apparently I was wrong & the boy was right.  The very next day the news had a report there was a shark sighting off of South Beach.  Nice.  Moral of the story:  Do not swim with cute seals.  The End.



South Beach is just awesome!






























No comments:

Post a Comment